вторник, 13 ноября 2007 г.

reminder

Teaching Epidemiology to Medical Students
WATERS Int. J. Epidemiol..1977; 6: 329-330

Teaching Epidemiology and Statistics to Medical Students the Leicester Experience
CLARKE et al. Int. J. Epidemiol..1980; 9: 179-185

Historical Perspective: The social determinants of disease – some roots of the movement

S Leonard Syme email

University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health 140 Warren Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 USA

author email corresponding author email

Epidemiologic Perspectives & Innovations 2005, 2:2doi:10.1186/1742-5573-2-2


Published: 19 April 2005

Abstract

This is an account of the early days of research on social determinants as I experienced them. I describe my time as one of four Fellows in a new training program in Medical Sociology at Yale University and how I came to be the first Sociologist employed in the U.S. Public Health Service. I then became the first Executive Secretary of a new Study Section at NIH dealing with a small number of research grant proposals in the field of Epidemiology. My account deals with some of my experiences in this developing field, culminating with my appointment as the first Sociologist to become a Professor of Epidemiology in a School of Public Health.

Комментариев нет: